Sunday, May 17, 2015

a whisper of green


My jewelry is serious business. Let's talk about this one, the only piece I wear on a frequent basis. I mentioned in this post that I had a peridot necklace that my mom gave me as a memento. I think that green gemstones in general are beautiful but I am especially in love with the shade of peridot. Apparently, my mom had this necklace for over ten years before she gave it to me as a gift three years ago. The story that I'm told is that back in 2000, we visited our family in Japan and my aunt gave this to my mom as a gift. She never really wore it and thought that such a nice piece was a waste to have so she gave it to me. I wear it everyday and it's become a habit of putting this around my neck but seeing it in this picture makes me realize how beautiful it really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment