Tuesday, April 28, 2015

red accessories


As I grow older, I've come to realize that style isn't just about the clothes you wear or the bag you carry. It also permeates to the accessories, including the ones you don't wear. Since returning to New York, I've been going to interviews in search of a new job. Back in the day when I was job hunting, I carried my resume in a paper folder and I cringe every time I remember that. Why didn't I think about using a more stylish padfolio before? I have no idea. So I started looking for some online. As I was browsing, I came across this mini red one from Leatherology, a company that makes simple, affordable and functional leather accessories. At first, I wanted the full size portfolio but there was no way it would fit in my handbag so I opted for the mini version instead. It comes in a variety of colors but when it comes to stationary, I always go for the red. I am very picky about the shade of red. I was very hesitant about ordering this because I didn't like the color of it on my monitor. I read reviews and people have said great things about the red one so I ordered it anyway. To my surprise, it was a very true red and it looks gorgeous in person. I feel confident going into interviews and taking notes on my stylish little pad. I'm telling you, the details matter.

Oh, and how gorgeous is this pen? It was a birthday gift from a friend and I always carry this with me wherever I go. If it's the weekend, I'll swap out the padfolio with my moleskin but I'm always writing. Physically writing. And having a stylish pen makes me feel that much more badass. Step aside, bic!

Lastly, I have to mention how much I love my tiny pencil case. It fits two pens, a pencil, an eraser and a USB drive. I found this in a small accessories boutique when I was in Vientiane, Laos and I thought it was the perfect size to carry around my writing utensils. And since I'm Japanese, a pencil case isn't complete without a cute umbrella-shaped Swarovski crystal charm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment